I recently acquired some puch snowflakes, I hate spokes so I decided to put them on the Grumpy Dumpies. The rear was no problemo, but I wanted to keep my disc brake up front and I was running a stock 17″ kx80 front wheel prior so I needed to do a little bit of work to mount a disc on the snowflakes. For the most part I used Ed Manhart’s awesome thread on moped army ‘Snowflake Disc Brake DIY w/pics‘. The idler pulley trick works like a charm.
The next thing I had to deal with was that I already had a good axle on the front that I wanted to keep, but it’s 10mm as opposed to the usual 12mm that folks run so the bearings I needed were a little different. I used 6200-2RS bearings. They have a 30mm OD and a 10mm ID, the snowflakes ID are 32mm so I needed to shim them, luckily I had some scrap stock lying around that was roughly 1mm thick.